The School of Kinesiology and Recreation invites applications for an Instructional Assistant Professor in Physical Education Teacher Education. This is a 9-month, full time, non-tenure track position to begin August 16, 2023.
A. Provide quality instruction in a variety of undergraduate PETE courses and/or graduate online courses in the Physical Education Pedagogy graduate sequence.
B. Contribute to high quality professional practice supervision as assigned. The goal for this position is to fully integrate into the faculty in the PETE program and the School of Kinesiology and Recreation; the School encourages active participation in all program and school meetings. Engage in professional development by attending and presenting at state and or national organizations related to PETE.
*This position is represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Master’s degree in Physical Education Teacher Education or a closely related discipline.
2. Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience as a licensed K-12 physical educator.
3. Experience or ability to supervise PETE pre-service and/or student teachers.
4. Candidates must be able to demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position, as mandated by state law.
1. Experience as a cooperating teacher for Physical Education Teacher Education candidates or supervised teacher candidates for physical education practicum experiences.
2. Prior teaching experience in an accredited Physical Education Teacher Education program.