The National Academy for Health and Physical Literacy (NAHPL) cordially invites you to our Inaugural National Summit March 6-9, 2023, hosted by the NAHPL Eastern Seaboard Region, at the Newport Marriott in Newport, Rhode Island. Onsite Registration will take place March 6th, with the National Summit beginning on March 7th.
Schedule “At A Glance”
- Monday, March 6th- Registration opens at 6:00pm.
- Tuesday, March 7th- Sessions begin 7:45am and end at 3:50pm. Evening events begin at 4:00pm.
- Wednesday, March 8th-Sessions begin 7:45am and end at 3:50pm. Dance Summit/Evening events begin at 4:00pm.
- Thursday, March 9th- Sessions begin at 9:00am and Summit ends at 12:00 pm.
Keynote speakers include:
- Christine Brennan (March 7th):
Christine Brennan is an award-winning national sports columnist for USA Today and was named one of the country’s top 10 sports columnists three times by the Associated Press Sports Editors. She has covered the last 20 Olympic Games and was the first woman sports writer at The Miami Herald in 1981 and the first woman to cover Washington’s NFL team as a staff writer at The Washington Post in 1985.
- Dr. William Potts-Datema (March 8th):
Dr. William Potts-Datema has served in education and public health for 40 years and has held several national leadership positions in the United States including Chief of the Program Development and Services Branch of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Division of Adolescent and School Health and Director of Partnerships for Children’s Health at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts.
Sessions focus on topical areas that support health and physical literacy including health, physical education, research, physical activity, dance, sport, and outdoor pursuits. Check out the links below for more information!
- Registration information: https://nahpl.org/professional-development/national-summit/registration/
- Hotel/airport information: https://nahpl.org/professional-development/national-summit/hotel-information/
- Exhibits/Advertisements/Sponsorship information: https://nahpl.org/professional-development/national-summit/exhibitsandsponsors/
- Tentative Program: https://nahpl.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Proposal-Titles.pdf
- Student information: https://nahpl.org/professional-development/national-summit/student-information/