The Physical Education and Sports Science (PESS) Academic Group at the National Institute of Education in Singapore offers programmes in teacher education specialising in physical education (PE) and the Sport Science & Management (SSM) undergraduate programme that provides academic and professional pathways to sport-related careers. PESS’ postgraduate (Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy) programmes also provide PE teachers and sport practitioners opportunities to upgrade their professional knowledge. PESS prides itself on its international faculty with diverse and wide-ranging expertise. We are committed to educating our students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers and well-prepared practitioners in physical education, sport science, sport studies, sport management, and sport pedagogy. We provide up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge and aim to inspire, lead, and motivate our future youth. Faculty members have access to state-of-the-art sports science laboratories and fully-equipped sports facilities.
We invite suitably qualified applicants to apply for Assistant/Associate Professor in sport pedagogy (preferably in sport coaching or athlete development). Applicants whose secondary area of expertise is sport psychology will have an added advantage.
The successful candidate should satisfy the following criteria:
· A PhD in physical education, sport science, or related fields
· A strong record of research and publications in related areas, including the ability to secure and manage competitive grants and an emerging record of publications in reputable peer-reviewed international journals
· A good track record in university teaching and research in the related fields, preferably at an institution of good standing and a promising trajectory in research and publications
· Evidence of a good record in teaching courses in the related fields
· Experience in supervising graduate students
· Leadership in research management (e.g., research grants received) and experience in curriculum development
Successful candidates will be expected to :
- teach academic and sport activity courses
- involved in student supervision, associated research, graduate student supervision, and some administrative work
Please submit your application together with the following documents to us :
- A detailed curriculum vitae, which should include competence and experience in teaching academic and/or sport activity courses
- Areas of research interest
- List of publications and grant records
- A letter of application indicating ways you meet the criteria for the post
- Email addresses of three academic referees
Review of applicants will commence immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
More information on PESS AG can be found at https://www.nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups/physical-education-and-sports-science.
Preliminary communication can be directed to Associate Professor Koh Koon Teck, Head of PESS at email@example.com