Morehouse College: Academic Affairs: Division of Life Sciences
Feb 21, 2022
Aug 03, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The Kinesiology Department at Morehouse College is seeking applicants for a Visiting Professor beginning Fall 2022 who will be able to teach various courses within the discipline. The Visiting Professor will teach full-time (3/3) based on the needs of the Kinesiology Department. Other responsibilities can include a combination of the following: curriculum development, assessment, advising, and mentoring students; and service to the department and the College as well as other duties. The Visiting Professor may teach face-to-face, online, or in a hybrid teaching modality and should be trained in online instruction.
The start date for the position is August 2022.
Located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta’s historic Atlanta University Center, Morehouse is a four-year Liberal Arts Institutions for Black males. The mission of Morehouse College is to develop men with disciplined minds who will lead lives of leadership and service. A private historically black liberal arts college for men, Morehouse realizes this mission by emphasizing the intellectual and character development of its students. In addition, the College assumes special responsibility for teaching the history and culture of black people.
Terminal or related degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Health Education, Human Performance, Exercise Science, Physiology, Pedagogy, Sports management, or equivalent.
A successful application will consist of the following including completion of the College HR Application Forms.
- A letter of application providing detail on how the candidate meets the qualifications for the position and why they are a good fit for Morehouse College in particular (no more than 2 pages);
- A current curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages)
- A statement of teaching philosophy (no more than 2 pages); and a syllabus from an undergraduate course in Kinesiology
- A research/scholarship agenda (no more than 2 pages);
- Bachelors and Graduate transcripts (copies) are from accredited institutions
- The names and contact information of three professional references. The candidate should arrange to have three letters of recommendation from those references submitted in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: A copy of teaching certificate and other related certifications are optional.
Division of Life Sciences
Dr. Claude P. Hutto, Sr. Chair
830 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta, GA 30314