The School of Kinesiology and Recreation invites applications for an Instructional Assistant Professor in Physical Education Teacher Education and Student Teacher Coordinator. This is a 9-month, full time, non-tenure track position to begin August 16, 2022.
- Provide quality instruction in a variety of undergraduate PETE courses. Contribute to high quality professional practice supervision as assigned. The goal for this position is to fully integrate into the faculty in the PETE program and the School of Kinesiology and Recreation; the School encourages active participation in all program and school meetings. Engage in professional development by attending and presenting at state and or national organizations related to PETE.
Student Teaching Coordinator:
- Work with PETE Program Director and the College of Education Student Teaching Coordinator(s) to secure high quality elementary and secondary student teaching placements for qualified PETE teacher candidates.
- Supervise PETE student teachers as needed within the PETE program.
- Maintain communication between the PETE program and cooperating teachers.
- Provide on-boarding, training, and continuous monitoring of cooperating teachers
- Serve as a liaison with the College of Education in support of student teachers during their student teaching experience.
- Mentor students in their preparation of state mandated edTPA portfolios (or related summative teacher licensure requirement) during their student teaching experience
- Master’s degree in Physical Education Teacher Education, or a closely related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience as a licensed K-12 physical educator and experience or ability to supervise PETE pre-service and or student teachers.
- State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
Employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.