Oct 04, 2021
Feb 18, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The Academic Program in Kinesiology, Sports Studies and Physical Education at Morehouse College invites applications for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor Position. The primary responsibility will be the teaching selected courses identified as Skills and Techniques of Sports, Methods of Teaching Physical Education, History and Principles of Physical Education, Organization and Administration of Physical Education, Community Recreation, Sports Management, Sport Analytics and Physical Activity Classes. Responsibilities include teaching courses, curriculum development, assessment, advising, and mentoring students; developing and maintaining a scholarly research and publication agenda; and service to the academic program and the College. We also encourage faculty to be active in soliciting external funding through grants and other sources. The start date for the position is August 2022.
Located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta’s historic Atlanta University Center, Morehouse is a four-year Liberal Arts Institutions for Black males. The mission of Morehouse College is to develop men with disciplined minds who will lead lives of leadership and service. A private historically black liberal arts college for men, Morehouse realizes this mission by emphasizing the intellectual and character development of its students. In addition, the College assumes special responsibility for teaching the history and culture of black people.
Minimum qualifications include a terminal degree in physical education, health education, kinesiology, sports management, or human performance with an emphasis in pedagogy or related area; commitment to excellence in teaching; evidence of a productive scholarship program; and service to the profession and community.
A successful application will consist of the following including completion of the College HR Application Forms.
- A letter of application providing detail on how the candidate meets the qualifications for the position and why they are a good fit for Morehouse College in particular (no more than 2 pages);
- A current curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages) and a cover letter;
- A statement of teaching philosophy (no more than 2 pages);
- A research/scholarship agenda (no more than 2 pages);
- Bachelors and Graduate transcripts are from accredited institutions
- A syllabus
- The names and contact information of three professional references. The candidate should arrange to have three letters of recommendation from those references submitted in confidence to:
Note: A copy of teaching certificate and other related certifications are optional.
Division of Life Sciences
Dr. Claude P. Hutto, Sr. Chair
830 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta, GA 30314