A worldwide search for ambitious, innovative ideas to get people physically active is being launched by University College Cork, in association with Sport Ireland sponsorship and UNESCO patronage – with up to €10,000 going to the best concepts.
On June 7 the Global Design Challenge for Sport and Physical Activity will open for FREE registration on Devpost, the largest hackathon platform in the world, as part of a bid to engage more people in sport and physical activity following a year of lockdown and restrictions that have seen participation levels plummet.
The Global Design Challenge for Sport and Physical Activity has Development Grants of up to €10,000 for the winning teams, and mentors and partner organisations ready to help turn ideas into real campaigns and initiatives.
In 2020, nearly 200 teams from around the world entered the Global Design Challenge, but this year, with the sponsorship of Sport Ireland, the partners behind the scheme are aiming for twice that number. The grand challenge this year is to design innovative ways of increasing participation in sport and physical activity in an inclusive, sustainable and fun way!
With 8 specific challenges to find innovative ways to:
- increase opportunities for engagement in physical activity ensuring that it is accessible to everyone of any ability, age, race or socio-economic background
- inspire community-level engagement in physical activity for all ages
- bring participants, volunteers and fans back to sport and physical activity
- use sport as a means to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals in a practical way
- reimagine sport and physical activity (space and place; funding models) to make it more sustainable and resilient to shocks and change
- motivate children and youth to engage in sport and physical activity, that leads to life-long interest
- harness technology to radically change the way sport and physical activity are imagined
- integrate sport and physical activity into leisure and lifestyle activities e.g., cycling for transport, gardening for food security
Please join us on: http://www.gdc2021.devpost.com
Facebook – Global Design Challenge
LinkedIn – Global Design Challenge