We would like to encourage you all to distribute this announcement to all your networks to remind academics to apply for the AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award.
The AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award is intended to support scholars from a developing country to attend an AIESEP conference in order to recognize their scholarly work and create stronger connections between AIESEP and developing countries. All Developing Country Scholars are encouraged to apply, preferably woman and scholars in the early stages of their careers. Eligibility is confined to academic faculty located in a developing country. The research to be presented at AIESEP should be grounded in Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy and be situated within a developing country. All researchers from developing countries are encouraged to apply by March 1st, 2021.
Application Process: Please note, the deadline for abstract submission for AIESEP 2021 has been extended to March 1st, 2021.
Applicants must submit the following documentation, via email, to Ben Dyson at: email@example.com no later than March 1st, 2021.
2. One-page description of intention for future involvement in AIESEP Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy research,
3. Please name and describe why you would like to connect with any AIESEP Board members and/or international scholars that you would like to interact with to support your research,
4. One-page description of your research study from a Developing Country, and
5. Copy of abstract submitted to AIESEP 2021 Conference Canada
(Website at: https://sites.google.com/ualberta.ca/aiesep2021/home).
The deadline for abstract submission for AIESEP Congress/Conference has been extended March 1st, 2021.
6. A letter of recommendation from a senior researcher or an AIESEP member in good standing (scanned).
Those receiving the AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award will be obligated to
(a) deliver a presentation (oral or poster) at the given AIESEP Congress/Conference and
(b) participate in the events scheduled for AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award at the given Congress/Conference.
Four Developing Country Scholar Awards will be awarded for the 2021 AIESEP International conference hosted virtually (live & on-demand) on June 7-10, 2021.
The AIESEP will waive the award recipients’ 2021 AIESEP membership and registration fee.
Developing Country Scholar Award Committee:
Ben Dyson (chair, New Zealand and USA), Uwe Pühse (Switzerland), Chin-wei-Chang (Taiwan), Deniz Hünük (Turkey), and Cheryl Walter (South Africa).