The successful applicant will be affiliated with the Institute for Teaching and Learning situated within the Department of Education and Social Work (DESW). S/he will be part of a team in the dynamic organizational context of a growing globally-connected research university. The postdoctoral researcher will work in a team in the area of physical education lead by Dr. Claude Scheuer on subjects such as active school settings, primary physical education teacher education and inclusive primary physical education. The ideal candidate has substantive interests in primary physical education and related relevant topics (like e.g. physical activity during the school day, the education of primary school teachers teaching physical education or the inclusion of all children in physical education), in international collaboration and exchange with institutional partners in European projects, and would like to contribute to an international and multilingual team.
Working mainly in three Erasmus+ funded projects (HEPAS: Healthy and physically active schools in Europe; PRIME PETE: Primary Education Physical Education Teacher Education; DIPPE: Disentangling Primary Physical Education), you will be
- assisting in the development of project-related intellectual outputs (e.g. framework and guidelines for a healthy and physically active school; theoretical and methodological framework for primary physical education teacher education; guidelines and recommendations for implementation to address inclusion in primary physical education);
- assisting with administrative and organisational tasks;
- organising and participating in project-related events;
- collecting, interpreting, analysing research related data and results;
- writing up research findings and support the development of scientific articles for publication and dissemination;
- disseminating results at international scientific conferences/workshops;
- identifying, applying for, or assisting in preparing research proposals for potential projects.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Part Time 20.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Foreseen starting date: March 2021
Job Reference: UOL03895