The Executive Committee of the TGfU SIG is now calling for bids to host the 8th TGfU Conference in 2024. This is the premier event for the TGfU SIG and brings together over 300 delegates from across the globe. This is your chance to create a sensational event for your peers!
Here are some recommendations as to what a bid entails:
• Outline the host institution, conference chair and organising committee
• Proposed title and themes.
• Proposed dates and venues. Note that the conference must be able to accommodate at least 200 delegates in a variety of presentation formats (including practical sessions).
• Proposed budget. Note that the organising committee must work within a self-managed budget with no additional funding available from the TGfU SIG.
• Propose potential partners and sponsors. Provide a letter of support from the host institution. You may approach potential partners and sponsors for letters of support or endorsements if you wish.
• Proposed academic programme, community engagement or other novel events.
• Anticipated delegate profile. Who do you anticipate will your regional audience (i.e., physical educations teachers, coaches, teacher educators)?
The Conference bid must be submitted via email to the TGfU chair, Dr. Linda Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 10th of April, 2020. If you have any questions about the bid process please contact Dr. Griffin. No late applications will be accepted.
The TGfU Executive will review all conference bids, correspond with bid convenors with questions and expect you to be available to present your conference bid and answer questions as required via Video Conference if required.
Further information is available on the TGfU website. https://tgfuinfo.weebly.com/