The TGfU Executive Committee (EC) wants to provide you an update on the International Advisory Board (IAB). The majority of the members of the IAB have completed their leadership/service cycle as representatives of their respective countries in the TGfU SIG. Therefore, during the month of February the TGfU Executive Committee is opening a call for applications to renew membership on IAB. Currently, the IAB consists of 16 countries, this number can be extended if the following conditions are met (a) countries have a tradition in the game-centred approaches (GCAs) or (b) an applicant can provide a rationale for membership that indicates the potential expansion of GCAs in their country. If there is more than one application for a country, these applications will be considered and voted upon by the EC. Alternatively, a national organization, with approval from the EC, could hold its own election and thereby inform the EC of their choice prior to the start of the board member’s term.
• Informing and liaising with respective national organizing bodies for PE and sport and specifically with pedagogical related groups about TGfU SIG matters.
• Update the What’s Happening in… section of the TGfU website.
• Participate in ongoing projects- for example the Video Library Project.
• Attend online committee meetings.
• Become member of the TGfU SIG.
The following criteria will be taken on account in the selection process:
• Curriculum Vitae linked to Game Centred Approaches
• Past or future attendance to TGfU conferences and seminars
• Teacher educator
• Well connected with national Physical Education associations
Further information and application form can be found on the TGfU Sig website: https://tgfuinfo.weebly.com/iab.htmlhttps://tgfuinfo.weebly.com/iab.html or you can contact us through our Twitter @TGfUInfo