The Physical Education and Sports Science Academic Group invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for Assistant Professor faculty positions in physical education and sport pedagogy.
The successful candidates should satisfy the following criteria:
1. A PhD in physical education and sport pedagogy.
2. A strong record of research and publications in related areas including the ability to secure and manage competitive grants and an emerging record of publications in reputable peer-reviewed international journals.
3. A good track record in university teaching and research, preferably at an institution of good standing and / or a promising trajectory in research and publication.
4. Evidence of excellence in teaching, and understanding of school practice
5. A teaching qualification in Physical Education would be an advantage.
6. Experience in supervision of graduate students is an advantage.
7. Leadership in research management (e.g., research grants received) and experience in curriculum development.
The successful applicants are expected to be engaged in teaching in academic and activity courses (e.g. track and field, tennis, and badminton), teaching supervision, associated research, graduate supervision, and some administrative work.
Information about employment in NIE and the associated terms and conditions can be accessed at http://www.nie.edu.sg. The remuneration of the successful candidate (s) will be based on the relevant qualifications and associated experiences that are justifiable within the salary scale for the appointment.
The closing date for all applications is 30 August 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Preliminary communication can be directed to Associate Professor Koh Koon Teck, Head of Physical Education and Sports Science Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete and send the prescribed application form obtainable from the NIE website (http://www.nie.edu.sg/about-nie/careers/submit-application) together with your detailed curriculum vitae, which should include competence and experience in teaching academic and practical PE areas, areas of research interest, list of publications and names and addresses, a letter of application indicating in what ways you meet the criteria for the post, email addresses or fax numbers of three academic referees to:
Head, Human Resource Department
National Institute of Education
1 Nanyang Walk Singapore 637616