After the overwhelming interest and success of last year’s inaugural PAADS Athlete Development Research Symposium (ADRS), the 2nd Annual ADRS will be held, August 17, 2018 in Daytona Beach, FL (USA), in conjunction with the Athlete Development Summit.
The Athlete Development Research Symposium will highlight innovative, practical, and timely interdisciplinary research on athlete development. Bridging the academy and professional practice, the ADRS will allow for a robust and enlightening exchange of ideas, strategies, and tools.
All submissions must be submitted by Friday, June 8, 2018 at 5 pm ET and decisions will be announced on Monday, June 18, 2018. Research papers are designed to address theoretical, methodological, and/or pedagogical foci in athlete development. Accepted research papers will be assigned to a panel based on common themes, topics, and/or areas of interest. Poster/exhibit sessions should highlight research and projects in progress or in the early consideration stage and will be shared through author conversations with attendees. Panel proposals should address a particular topic/theme in athlete development with each panelist’s paper discussing some aspect of the theme.
INDIVIDUAL/MULTI-AUTHORED RESEARCH PAPERS
• A Title and abstract (300 words maximum)
• Name(s), Title(s), Affiliation(s) of each author(s)
• If you want to be considered for “Top Paper” consideration, an uploaded copy of the full paper, maximum length, 20, double-spaced pages, excluding references, tables, charts, and appendices; APA or MLA style; Times New Roman, 12 font, 1 ” margins. If you are an undergraduate or graduate student researcher, please indicate at the end of your abstract.
• Overall panel title
• Panel rationale: 300 words or less
• Panel session description for program (75 words or less)
• Abstract for each paper discussion (150 words or less)
• Panel Chair and Respondent
• Names, Titles, and Affiliations of participants
• Presentation Title
• Abstract of work in progress or scholarly project (150 words or less)
• Key topics, objectives, outcomes, and practical strategies
• Name(s), Title(s), and Affiliation(s) of participant(s)
Please forward all submissions to Kelley Pellegatto at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your interest in the PAADS Athlete Development Research Symposium. For more information about the Summit or the Symposium, please visit http://www.paads.org.